Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Dr.Corenman,
    Sorry to bother you, but I was reading over all the post I’ve posted on the forum, and came across the post you wrote that” The Global level of C4-5 is Moderately Unstable.Again, This is Disc, Ligaments, and Facets that cause this Translation.The Ligaments are damaged at C4-5 and the Facets being Incompetent at C4-5.”

Dr. Corenman it got me to start thinking and I was wondering if the IDR is at my C4-5 level yet and if it is how bad is it?why I’m asking is Because the two chiropractors I seen told me I had a lot of degeneration
    at my C4-5 and C5-6 level !! Please give me your opinion

I know you told me in the post above, that if I developed IDR at my C4-5, that would be good as IDR reduces motion and ” Stabilize” C4-5 level.

So Dr.Corenman I take it that the C4-5 is going to remain ” Moderately Unstable” until I developed IDR at C4-5 or Consider surgery ?

” Dr. Corenman , Am I Correct” Please give me your opinion

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions for me I really appreciate it .

appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr.Corenman, I forgot to asked you what is making the Facets being Incompetent at C4-5 ? Could you please read also my previous post to!!

Thank you so much !!

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

You have worn out the facets at C4-5 probably due to the IDR at C5-7 and the kyphotic angulation. Both contribute to the facets at C4-5 being “overworked” and worn out. You don’t have IDR at C4-5 but severe DDD. The disc is not degenerative enough to cause adhesions and friction to prevent the slip. That could happen over time but is not guaranteed.

You are generally correct in your assumptions.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr. Corenman, First Thank You for answering my questions for me, I really appreciate it.

I been having a lot of aching pain in my neck area that radiates up into the back of my head especially when it’s cold, damp or raining outside. Dr. Corenman I’m also getting muscle spasms in the back of my neck area to.

Dr. Corenman could it be from the severe Arthritis I have or could it be from the Instability, Facets, Damaged Ligaments,and IDR I have at C5-6 or combination of all of them. Could you please let me know what you think is causing this annoying aching pain and muscle spasms I been having.

Thank you so much !! You’re the best

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Your neck pain probably is from IDR of C5-7 and degenerative slip of C4-5.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr. Corenman,
    My Spine Doctor said that I have draping of the cord. Dr.Corenman could you please explain what is actually going on.

Thank You,

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.