Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Draping of the cord is a visual finding found on MRI that has to be matched to your symptoms and typically draping does not cause symptoms. The draping that causes symptoms is a feeling of paresthesias (pins and needles) or numbness caused by flexion (bending forward) of your neck. You could also have a Lhermitte’s sign-a feeling of electrical bolts into your spine or arms that occur with neck flexion.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr. Corenman,
    I wish you and your family a very Blessed Christmas and a Very Happy New Year !!

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Thank you. Have a wonderful Christmas and hope your New Year is filled with satisfaction.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hello Dr.Corenman,
    I have a question regarding my Cervical spine. Every time I’M in the shower and when the water hits me on my back near my Right Shoulder Blade it really causes me discomfort. I was just wondering if you know what might be causing this discomfort, because you reviewed my X-RAYS a few months ago. Dr. Corenman could it be Nerve damage, because of the instability at C4 level, or the Degenerative disc disease or combination of everything that is going on in my Cervical spine. Dr. Corenman any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my question for me.
    Thank You,

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Hard to know what is triggering the sensitivity in your shoulder. Could be anything from a shoulder disorder to a radiculopathy to a local bruise.

Dr. Corenman

appleannie
    Participant

Hello Dr.Corenman,
    Could you please take another look at my X-RAYS that I posted on the forum, because every time I look up or down I feel this tightness feeling and I also been having Muscle Spasms in the back of my neck.Dr.Corenman could this be from the severe Arthritis I have or from the moderate Instability I have at C4 Level or the IDR I have at C5-6 level or a combination of all. Dr.Corenman any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my question for me. Have a great day !!

Thank You,

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.