Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear Dr.Corenman,
    Here’s my X-Rays that you told me to respond to so you can view them. Hope you’re having a great vacation !!

Thank You again !!

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

The problem you are faced with is that C5-7 is very degenerative with a kyphosis. I can’t measure the degree as these are JPEG images. The anterior slope places C4 at a disadvantage. It is always undergoing shear forces when you are upright and as such, has worn out the facets. You have a degenerative spondylolisthesis here. There is about 3mm of motion from flexion to extension and extension lines up perfectly. This is the definition of instability but it is not too bad. If you didn’t participate in contact sports or risk sports like skiing or mountain biking, you could probably live with this. You would however have to put up with the popping and cracking noises.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hello Dr.Corenman,
    First Thank You for viewing my X-RAYS for me,I really appreciate it. I have a few more questions !!

Is the C4-5 level still moderately Unstable ?

How does the C1-2, C2-3, C3-4 levels look to you ? Hopefully okay

Dr.Corenman what do you mean by that the C4 level is always under going Shear force when I’m up right and as such, has worn out the Facets.Could you please explain what it’s actually doing at C4 level when I’m up right for me please?

Dr. Corenman, You told me in a past post of my 2015 X-RAYS that I had 4mm motion from flexion to extension and now at the present time you’re saying it’s 3mm motion.Does this mean that the Instability is getting better or does it only gets better by having Stabilizing surgery.

So the Facets at C4 level are all worn out and incompetent and is the Ligaments are also damaged to at that level ?

What might be causing the neck pain I been having that raditates up into the back of my head ? The Arthritis or the Instability or combination of both ?

Dr. Corenman, Thank You so much for helping me by viewing my X-RAYS and answering my questions for me. Dr.Corenman you are a truly a great Doctor with Compassion for helping people by giving them great advice and answering their questions. Thank You again, I really appreciate it!!

appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr.Corenman,
    I was reading an article about instability and it said that people can have both Translation and Angulation motion. Dr.Corenman do I have both ? Please let me know the Angulation measurement if I do

Thank You !! Have a good night

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

I can’t measure your motions on JPG pictures (and normally don’t review images on this website) so I can’t tell you what your angulation is. However, your instability I would call mild-moderate so generally, you have to be somewhat careful and be followed every year but might be able to live with this.

I estimated 3mm of motion as I cannot use embedded tools to measure angulation and translation. The levels at C2-4 look OK.

Vertebral discs do not like shear forces (translation or shift forces). Your kyphosis places C4 on a ski slope facing downhill. This increases forces and wears the facets causing this slip.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Dear Dr.Corenman,
    I just wanted to Thank You for viewing my X-RAYS and answer all my questions for me, I really appreciate it.We the people on the forum is very lucky to have a great Doctor like you to take time out of your busy schedule to give us great advice and answer all our questions about different conditions we have. Thank you again and hope you’re having a great vacation !!

Thank You!!?

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.