Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author

C5-6 is not unstable due to the severe disc degeneration which generally stabilizes these segments. Read about IDR at https://neckandback.com/conditions/isolated-disc-resorption-cervical-spine-idr/.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr. Corenman,
    Thank You for reassuring me that my C5-6 level is not unstable and Thank You for the article about IDR,I really appreciate it.

Thank You again !!

appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr. Corenman,
    I read the article about the IDR and was wondering if it’s at my C4-5 level as bad as it’s at my C5-6 level and if it is would it help to stabilize the C4-5 level, because of the Mild to moderate Instability I have at that level ?. Please give me your opinion

Dr.Corenman the Spine Doctor I seen for a second opinion told me that the only way to stabilize the C4-5 level, because of the Mild to Moderate Instability I have so I won’t be unstable any more is to have an Anterior Discectomy and fusion at C4-5 level ?. He told me if I don’t have surgery I’M going to have Mild to Moderate Instability for the rest of my life and be unstable at C4-5 level, and have to be careful what I do.
    Dr.Corenman do you agree with my Doctor ? Please give me your opinion

Thank You again for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions for me. You’re a great Doctor !!

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

If you developed IDR at C4-5, that would be good as IDR reduces motion and would “stabilize” C4-5. Degeneration can be your friend if the C4-5 “becomes stuck”. Unfortunately, the C3-4 level could eventually become worn but that is years down the road. I would say you should not become a WWF wrestler or a linebacker for the NFL but as long as you don’t participate in risky sports, you could be OK.

If you were considering surgery, an ACDF is a better surgery than a posterior fusion.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr. Corenman,
    Thank You again for answering my questions for me !! Hope you and your family have a Blessed Thanksgiving

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Thank you. You too!

Dr. Corenman

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.