Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Dr.Corenman,
    I was looking through my old Doctor’s Reports from my Neck injury I had back in 1988. Dr. Corenman the Doctor who treated me for my Neck injury in 1988 told me in the his last Report that my ligaments healed on an angled at C4-5 level and I was going to have Mild to Moderate instability at C4-5 level for the rest of my life and have to be careful what I do for the rest of my life, because the C4-5 level is Unstable because of the Ligaments healed on an angle. Dr. Corenman could you please review my X-RAYS again and let me know please if the Ligaments healed on an angle and if I’m going to have Mild to Moderate instability at C4-5 level for the rest of my life. My Spine Doctor back in 1988 said that I’m going to have Chronic Ligamentous Instability at C4-5 level for the rest of my life. (I would like your opinion on this) Dr.Corenman the (post#28894) tells how I injured my Neck and what kind of injury I had and what treatment I had.I would like your opinion on this because you reviewed my X-RAYS and I trust your opinion.

Thank you,

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

You will most likely have mild-moderate instability at C4-5 for your life unless the disc degenerates and “stiffens” the segment. As long as you don’t participate in dangerous sports (mtn biking, fast skiing, contact sports), you should be OK. If you have mild symptoms only, you don’t need treatment.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    Donald Corenman, MD, DC

You will most likely have mild-moderate instability at C4-5 for your life unless the disc degenerates and “stiffens” the segment. As long as you don’t participate in dangerous sports (mtn biking, fast skiing, contact sports), you should be OK. If you have mild symptoms only, you don’t need treatment.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    appleannie
    Participant

Hello Dr. Corenman,
    Thank you so much for reviewing my X-RAYS and answering my questions for me . ( You’re the Best) Dr. Corenman I have one more question to ask you.

Dr. Corenman in your last post ( #28910) How long does it take for the disc to degenerates and “Stiffens” the C4-5 Segment ? Has it started yet or do I have years to go ??

Do I have Chronic Ligamentous Instability at my C4-5 level? Because my ligaments are damaged at C4-5 level ?

Thank you,

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

“How long does it take for the disc to degenerates and “Stiffens” the C4-5 Segment ? Has it started yet or do I have years to go ?” You have years to go.

“Do I have Chronic Ligamentous Instability at my C4-5 level? Because my ligaments are damaged at C4-5 level” ? Yes you do due to facet, disc and ligaments.

Dr. Corenman

appleannie
    Participant

Hi Dr.Corenman,
    The other day I read thru all the post I”ve posted here on the Forum and came across a post that you said that (The Global Level of C4-5 is Moderately Unstable) Could you please review my new X-RAYS that I posted on the Forum and let me know if you still feel the same about the Global Level of C4-5 still Moderately Unstable ?? Dr.Corenman Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review my X-RAY and answer my question for me, I really appreciate it.( You’re the Best)

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.