Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I had an ACDF c3-4 on 4-8-20 and I still had symptoms getting worse. Had a new mri on 4-17-20 and it shows I still have the disc herniation at same level c3-4. My surgeon never got it dissected all the way and it’s still pressing on my cord and nerve root. I confirmed it with the radiology report and a few medical friends that said I need another surgery. My surgeon told me to suk it up it will absorb itself. Can you help me dr Corenman I’m in misery. I have heard you are the best.

Travis Lewis

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

If your symptoms have not changed since surgery and the surgeon missed a fragment (which is rare but does occasionally happen), you should have a revision surgery. You are early enough so the graft has not healed in (depending on the type of graft used) but don’t wait too long or the graft will become fixed. If the fragment will “absorb itself”, why did he do the surgery in the first place? I would lobby for a revision.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    Elway777
    Participant

He did the surgery because the herniation It was really bad. But now he wants to do a laminectomy because I have spinal stenosis as well. It doesn’t sound like he is gunna redo the ACDF. What should I do I’m scared

Travis Lewis

Elway777
    Participant

He did the surgery because the herniation It was really bad. But now he wants to do a laminectomy because I have spinal stenosis as well. It doesn’t sound like he is gunna redo the ACDF. What should I do I’m scared I think he believes once he does the laminectomy it will free up room to not compress the root and cord maybe. Then my body can read orb the disc material???

Travis Lewis

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

You can get to this fragment from the back of the spine through a procedure called a foraminotomy. See: https://neckandback.com/treatments/posterior-cervical-foramenotomy/. It is acceptable to go in that direction.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    Elway777
    Participant

Ok I asked him that and he said no I looked it up and watched the video. He said my body will reabsorb it. So I’m reaching out to you to see if you can fix me. My insurance already said yes to surgery and I not sure I trust my surgeon now. Would you be able to fix me properly.

Travis Lewis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.