Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • meni learn
    Participant
    Post count: 86

    this surgery if its doing well its (DR ) IS NOT NATURAL OFF CORSE (I READ WHAT U say a bout this section topic (in your website that its not stop the degeneration a bout a bove and below but (for most 2 level its better what i read do the acdf more on level or 3 (its lead to high presser a bove and b
    * but u also have 2 facet 7 pair of facet in c s and the hold least 30 % of the presser in c s the rest 70% fall on the disc (your topic djd ) so ADR slow down the process of d facet worn out ?with (if the disc is degen.. and its not going to hold the facet in the level of problem so its better to replace the disc .
    also q what is the size of artifical disc (u have a bove and under and inside the ball respond for the flex motion ?

    Meni

    Donald Corenman, MD, DC
    Moderator
    Post count: 8140

    The ADR in the cervical spine can reduce the chances of adjacent segment disease (ASD) by a very small percentage as compared to the ACDF. The problem with the ADR is it has to be implanted only if the disc space is 50% or greater than the original disc, there cannot be instability or degenerative facet disease present. It is always a better indication to implant for arm pain (foraminal stenosis or HNP) than for neck pain or deformity. I would not implant if there is significant central canal stenosis (unless from a disc herniation).

    Dr. Corenman

    PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.
     
    Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    meni learn
    Participant
    Post count: 86

    C3-4 also maybe c4-5 (slow down the facet degeneration and also from disc to close on on its other (not for have.

    Meni

    meni learn
    Participant
    Post count: 86

    “The ADR in the cervical spine can reduce the chances of adjacent segment disease (ASD) by a very small percentage as compared to the ACDF” so the q if u take the problem early (in some cases it get good resolve to the c spine (lead to c stenosis its good resolve (what a bout facet (its help to protect (facet with disc arcific…?

    Meni

    meni learn
    Participant
    Post count: 86

    “by a very small percentage as compared to the ACDF.”where the researchers with number show this (what u want to say when u say (very small percentage (so the implant not get (good results u say just little?(i need to read this with number what is small percentage (i know fusion more than one level or 3 its show very pressure about above and below so u going to a nother operation (so this ADR NOT give better results (just little what u call little (u know i not see the mri of PERSON DO ADR (in levels and can go to my eyes (but what i read on the internet (its get good results (also if 2 level )
    **This product not get good results just small percentage (what is small percentage)
    And what a bout facet u didn’t give me answers (but o know its need to protect the spinal canal from posterior (vertebral body )and back from facet (BONE SPURS arthritis.

    Meni

    meni learn
    Participant
    Post count: 86

    ** understand this “The problem with the ADR is it has to be implanted only if the disc space is 50% or greater than the original disc “

    Meni

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.