Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Abbeygirl
    Member
    Post count: 40

    Hi Doctor
    I say this every time on jump on your sight on what a great sight you provide you have help me greatly understand what is happening to me I had a facet injection on friday just gone anyway do not feel any different in my lower back I have been getting numbness in my pinky finger on my left hand and half of my ring finger also my shoulder has been a bit achee of late anyway today being Sunday after about an hour being up and having a shower my shoulder started to ache really really painful just would not stop aching I took 60mg of Oxycontin and had a another shower and it started to settle down I have been haveing trouble with my neck as well as my lower back but when I go to phcsio it feels better for a few hours and then it starts all over again but in saying that if my lower back was like my neck I would be happy even though my neck is not the best at least it is not like my lower backanyway my question is my shoulder aching could that be caused by my neck because the ache in my shoulder today was just about unbearable doctor thanks for this service again

    Donald Corenman, MD, DC
    Moderator
    Post count: 8376

    I am always hopeful that lumbar facet injections can give relief of lower back pain even though facet origin pain occurs only about 10% of the time. The other 90% of lumbar spine pain origin is disc and nerve.

    Shoulder pain normally originates from the neck (cervical radiculopathy) or from rotator cuff arthrosis. A simple examination and even an in-office injection can differentiate these two disorders.

    The fact that you need 60mg of Oxycontin to control your pain concerns me. You need a thorough evaluation by a spine surgeon to get your pain under control.

    Dr. Corenman

    PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.
     
    Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.