Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am 28 year old male. In 2008, I had recurrent neck pain radiating toward shoulder, chest and arms. I strongly believed that this is due to improper posture while sleeping, watching TV etc., Otherwise, I am perfectly healthy. My doctor in Chicago advised an MRI of the Cervical Spine w/o contrast, Electromyelogram and Nerve Conduction Velocity study. All the reports are completely normal with no diagnosis. Even then, I am having tingling sensations in my chest, shoulder girdle, upper arm etc., Later, I went to a Chiropractor who did some Cervical manipulation which had improved my range of motion a little bit. Again, now it is back to abnormal. I am unsure on whom to visit this time, an orthopedist, a neurologist ? I cannot sleep properly during nights due to my neck. If I sleep to my left side, all my left body – shoulder, left arm is getting numb, tingling and heavy so I turn right, the same here.
    Please suggest as to what my ailment could possibly be ?

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Symptoms similar to those you are concerned with can have multiple origins. The first stop after all your previous consults would be a good, experienced neurologist. If you find yourself in the office of a hurried, short staffed, non-concerned physician, you will not get a thorough evaluation so picking the right doctor might be somewhat of a challenge but a necessity.

Dr. Corenman

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.