Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am 28 year old male. In 2008, I had recurrent neck pain radiating toward shoulder, chest and arms. I strongly believed that this is due to improper posture while sleeping, watching TV etc., Otherwise, I am perfectly healthy. My doctor in Chicago advised an MRI of the Cervical Spine w/o contrast, Electromyelogram and Nerve Conduction Velocity study. All the reports are completely normal with no diagnosis. Even then, I am having tingling sensations in my chest, shoulder girdle, upper arm etc., Later, I went to a Chiropractor who did some Cervical manipulation which had improved my range of motion a little bit. Again, now it is back to abnormal. I am unsure on whom to visit this time, an orthopedist, a neurologist ? I cannot sleep properly during nights due to my neck. If I sleep to my left side, all my left body – shoulder, left arm is getting numb, tingling and heavy so I turn right, the same here.
    Please suggest as to what my ailment could possibly be ?

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Symptoms similar to those you are concerned with can have multiple origins. The first stop after all your previous consults would be a good, experienced neurologist. If you find yourself in the office of a hurried, short staffed, non-concerned physician, you will not get a thorough evaluation so picking the right doctor might be somewhat of a challenge but a necessity.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.