Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

C4-5 small central disc osteophyte complex with partial effacement of ventral CSF. No effacement of dorsal CSF. Mild central spinal canal stenosis at C4-5. Mild- moderate left neural foraminal narrowing with uncovertebral spurring and facet hypertrophy. C5-6 Moderate osteophyte complex with effacement of ventral CSF and partial effacement of dorsal CSF. There is a Minor Indentation of the Ventral aspect of the cervical spinal cord. Mild to moderate central spinal canal stenosis, Severe right to moderate left foraminal narrowing due to uncovertebral bony spurring and facet hypertrophy. C6-7 presents with partial effacement of ventral CSF.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

The findings on an MRI are an important but incomplete portrayal of your clinical picture. What are your symptoms?

See: https://neckandback.com/conditions/how-to-describe-your-history-and-symptoms-of-neck-shoulder-and-arm-pain/

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    Firefights
    Participant

Hi doc, pain in the back of my neck and shoulders, Headaches, Numbness in right arm and hand. Also sometimes in left arm as well.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC

Your right and left arm pain/numbness most likely stems from your C5-6 level (“Severe right to moderate left foraminal narrowing”) causing nerve root compression.

See; https://neckandback.com/conditions/radiculopathy-pinched-nerve-in-neck/

You note no complaints of cord compression so that should not be a source of symptoms. (https://neckandback.com/conditions/cervical-central-stenosis-and-myelopathy/).

Headaches can originate from the lower cervical spine but not commonly. The potential sources are multiple.

Dr. Corenman

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ON SPINE ANATOMY, CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS. TO GET AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS, YOU MUST VISIT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON.

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. Trained as both a Medical Doctor and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Corenman earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles and two books.
    Firefights
    Participant

Doc would it be possible to mail you my most recent MRI? I’m a firemen in NYS I’ve hurt my neck 5 times on the job most recently on 6/1. I won an arbitration case on 4/4 regarding the injury. I guess I’m looking for an unbiased opinion on the stability of my neck. My employer would be responsible for the bill. Thanks in advance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.