Dear Dr, Could you please give your opinion on my MRI report. Thanks .
MRI REPORT OF LUMBO – SACRAL SPINE
(Procedure : Sagital – T1 , T2, STAR; Axial – T1, T2; Coronal – STAR)
1. Partial loss of signal intensity of disc at L4 – L5 & L3 – L4 level……… Suggestive of degenerative change.
2. Early anterior end plate osteophytes at L3 to L5 vertebral bodies.
3. Mild diffuse disc bulge at L3 – L4 with mild compression upon thecal sac, no significant narrowing of neural foramina at this level.
4. Central and right paracentral disc bulge with left paracentral disc protrusion at L4 – L5 level seen with compression upon thecal sac and bilateral narrowing of neural foramina (left > right).
5. Conus medullaris ends at L1 level with normal cauda equina & medullaris.
6. Lower dorsal cord is normal in size and signal intensity.
6. Paraspinal muscles are normal in size and shape with normal signal intensity.
7. Focal end plate sclerotic change at upper end plate of L3 and early schromol’s node at upper end plate of L2.
8. Spinal canal dimension :
D12 – L1 – Level – Canal – APD 19.8 mm.
L1 – L2 – Level – Canal – APD 16.4 mm.
L2 – L3 – Level – Canal – APD 16.4 mm.
L3 – L4 – Level – Canal – APD 14.4 mm.
L4 – L5 – Level – Canal – APD 11.6 mm.
L5 – S1 – Level – Canal – APD 14.5 mm.
MRIs without a thorough history will not help to yield answers regarding pain generators. Please see the section regarding “How to describe symptoms” to convey your symptoms.