CowboysFanMemberFebruary 7, 2013 at 1:52 amPost count: 19
Thank you, Dr. Corenman. I will be sending the images tomorrow. I look forward to hearing your comments once you have the opportunity to look at them.CowboysFanMemberFebruary 8, 2013 at 11:38 amPost count: 19
Dr. Corenman, I am getting ready to send all my images to you. Do you require that I fill out the new patient registration and cervical spine history forms and send it with the images?CowboysFanMemberFebruary 9, 2013 at 5:42 amPost count: 19
Please disregard the question above, Dr. Corenman. I talked with one of your nurses and resolved the issue.CowboysFanMemberMarch 27, 2013 at 1:47 amPost count: 19
Hello Dr. Corenman,
Just wanted to let you know that I did have a phone consult with Eric (sp?) your physician’s assistant about a week ago. It was very helpful and Eric was an exceptional communicator and highly knowledgable. He asked me to send in a write up of his performance, I hope these comments can serve as that. Simply put, he was outstanding.
As part of another second opinion with a neurosurgeon, I did have a new CT scan performed last week. I met with the neurosurgeon yesterday and the CT scan did show that I have pseudoarthrosis at C5-C6. You can see a horizontal line of non-union at that level as clear as day. However, the plate and screws at that level do look to be in excellent shape.
He also had an X-ray taken of my left shoulder to see if anything is going on. I had that done yesterday and am awaiting his comments. I also had X-rays done on my cervical spine in the flexion, extension and neutral positions.
The neurosurgeon suggested that I try to use a bone stimulator for 3 months to see if a fusion to take place. He is also suggesting that I try Botox injections to see if my very tight trapezius muscles will loosen and to see if my headaches and shoulders stop hurting.
Would you be interested in taking a look at the new CT scan and the X-rays of my left shoulder and cervical spine and giving me further opinions?Donald Corenman, MD, DCModeratorMarch 27, 2013 at 8:36 amPost count: 8508
If you are two years out from the fusion, it is unlikely that a bone stimulator will change the course of this non-union. Botox is a substance that paralyses the muscle for a period of six months. Botox is useful for muscles that spasm without reason but I would cautious until the reason for the muscle spasm is demonstrated.
Again, upper neck pain and headaches can be related to the facets at C2-4. You might consider facet blocks at these level.
I would be happy to review your new images. Please contact the office.
Yes- Eric is very smart and thorough.
Dr. CorenmanCowboysFanMemberMarch 28, 2013 at 11:31 pmPost count: 19
Thank you for your comments, Dr. Corenman. I will contact your office and send the new scans.
You mentioned in your last comments that I should be cautious with the Botox until the reason for the muscle spasm is demonstrated. Could you explain further? Does that mean that using the Botox might give me relief, but really is not a long-term solution and that the next step is to try the facet blocks at C2-4?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.