Hello Dr. Corenman,
It’s been some time since my last visit to the portal. Thank you for answering my previous post. Since my last post, I’ve seen an increase in my symptoms. Also a further MRI gave the following results:
1. Minor disc bulges at L1-L2 and L4-L5 levels, both indenting the thecal sac.
2. Minor disc bulges at 3- (I have no clue what this 3- means) and C4-C5 levels. However neither is causing any problems.
3. There is not much difference in the Spondylisthesis..the report still notes a mild Spondylisthesis.
The symptoms in my legs seem to have increased over the past week or so. Now I increasingly get mild pain in the sole of my feet, especially at the base of fingers. Also the webbing of the big toe and the next finger sometimes gives an electric shock kind of sensation. Funnily, this happens mostly only in the evenings.
Also, there is increasingly a feeling of pain in the right testicle at times and sometimes in the left of he shaft. However this lasts only for a few seconds and then goes away.
I have a mild burning sensation in my right lateral side of shin and electrical sensation at times.
At times, I get an electrical sensation on the outer side of the right toe, some pain at the base of the same toe and throbbing sensation at the side at times (a vibration kind of feeling).
Also, there is a burning sensation in the sole especially in the nights.
I generally feel better after walking for sometime.
I have a few questions:
1. Do these increased symptoms indicate a worsening of or pinching of L5 or S1 nerve, or are these indications of any problems due to the L1, L2, L3 or L4 nerves?
2. I know a fusion is not warranted at L5-S1 segment, but if there is one required, does this usually lead to adjacent disc degeneration at L4-L5 level?