Donald Corenman, MD, DC
Post count: 8436

First, give the abdominal wall some time to heal. The muscles can recover and the nerve can also recover. After about one year if you are not satisfied, you might consult a specialist surgeon for an abdominal wall consult. I am not sure that a plastic surgeon would be the one. There is a condition called rectus diastasis which might be repaired by this type of specialist and this condition might be somewhat similar to the type of repair you might desire.

Since in the typical anterior approach, only one nerve is “stretched”, this should not weaken the entire abdominal wall. The wall is innervated by six nerves. One nerve should not cause too much weakness.

Dr. Corenman